Be the best you
Double cleanse: Why your skin will thank you for it
Life is busy and for some, following a simple five-minute skincare routine each day feels like a huge commitment. But, as we become more aware of the thousands of germs, dirt and bacteria we come into contact with, adding one more, arguably essential, step into your to regime to eliminate these nasties from our skin might just be worth considering.
When thinking about your cleanser, is it gel-based with a sudsy or milky consistency? If the answer is yes, then this is most likely a surface active agent formula that provides a primary cleansing action – removing makeup, SPF, some environmental pollutants and such like, melting away when rinsing with water.
This initial cleanse, whilst removing superficial debris, does not result in a thorough removal of the aforementioned nasties. But wait, there’s no need to reach for a harsh stripping product – a straightforward double cleanse is all you need. An important note: for optimal results, look for an oil-based cleanser, our in-store Dermalogica specialist can help here. The oils within the product will emulsify and with the addition of water will remove debris, allowing the second cleanser to penetrate even further than before, melting away any unwanted bacteria, without making the skin feel too dry.
Find your perfect winter skincare routine with the help of our Dermalogica specialists in-store. On hand to offer a personalised recommendation, our therapist will give you the insight into your skin’s unique needs that enable you to make smarter, more effective decisions when it comes to your skincare. Check out our Dermalogica facial services.
New Year Recipes You’ll Love
Happy, healthy, hearty meals we know you’ll enjoy rustling up in your kitchen.
This bold and unique combination of ingredients makes the perfect dish to please everyone from vegetarians to meat-eaters alike. With plenty of flavour, the sauce is rich and creamy, without being overpowering, and you can add your own favourite vegetable combination to the dish also.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: Approx. 45 minutes
- 500g peeled butternut squash, cut into 1 inch thick x 2 inch long chunks
- 150g baby corn
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli, thicker stems halved lenthways
- 2 medium sized onions, roughly chopped
- 100g whole pistachios
- 50g fresh coriander, including stalks
- 6 green cardamom pods, crushed and black seeds retained, husks discarded
- 2 long red chillies
- 3 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 fat garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of coarse black pepper
- Maldon sea salt
- Vegetable oil
- Add the vegetable oil to the casserole, just enough to coat the base, and heat gently over a low to medium heat.
- In a blender, blitz the coriander, cardamom seeds, chillies, ginger, garlic and pistachios together with enough water to generously cover them all and blend until the mixture is evenly green and smooth.
- Gently fry the onions in the casserole until softened and slightly golden then add the butternut squash and stir-fry for a minute before adding the black pepper. Pour in the pistachio curry paste and stir, then add enough room-temperature water into the pan to just about cover the ingredients. Season generously with salt to taste and reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Check and adjust seasoning, if desired, then add the baby corn and broccoli and stir carefully. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until the corn and broccoli are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with rice, naan or flatbread.
Chicken breast chunks, seafood or paneer chunks also make great proteins to add to this dish.
Start Your Day The Right Way
Life picks up pace again with the return to work and school after the holidays. Set you and your family up for busy days by prepping a fresh fruit drink packed with goodness. Here is one of our favourites, which takes just five-minutes to whip up with the Stellar SEA38 juicer (we promise!).
Carrot & Apple Juice
Two celery sticks
Two large carrots
More Fantastic Than Single-Use Plastic
Keep the environment in mind whilst still enjoying your favourite drink. Our range of Smidge reusable eco travel cups are perfect for life on the go. The screw lids are more secure than push-on lids and can hold a good-sized barista-style coffee.
Swap single use cups and not only will you be helping the planet, you’ll benefit too – as many coffee shops now offer discounts on beverages when you hand over your reusable cup!
Shop a range of colours and designs in-store.
Good night, sleep tight
Getting quality sleep is one of the best things you can do for your health.
There are so many benefits, so why not start the new year by practicing a routine which gives you those important hours of rest. Get started by:
Investing in a quality bed and linen. Our experts in-store will help you find the perfect mattress to suit your needs and body. Plus, a new duvet cover set will add a touch of style and give your room a new look.
Leaving your phone in the other room to avoid blue light blues. Set an alarm on your clock instead!
Finding a scent which is relaxing a calming. Burn a candle 20 minutes before lights out, or choose a diffuser for an all-day option.