Mela Comfort Eucalyptus Silk Weighted Blanket
- The inner blanket - Weighted with SGS certified, anti-rustle weighted glass pellets, so it moulds to your shape.
- The 100% Eucalyptus fibre shell is ultra breathable, allowing for cooling airflow to maintain a just-right temperature.
- The removable cover Made from cooling, 300 ply thread count Eucalyptus Silk - a vegan alternative to silk - meaning it's super soft. Our Eucalyptus Silk is harvested from regenerative forests in Austria and the Czech Republic, and requires 10x less water than cotton.
- All of our products are Oeko-Tex certified, to ensure they are free from any harmful chemicals or toxins Weighted blankets feel a little like a comforting hug, all night long – so it’s no wonder that they’ve been shown to ease muscle tension, can help reduce stress hormones, and can help increase the release of happy hormones.
- Our blankets are made using anti-rustle glass quartz pellets, which move around silently and mould to your body shape. The pellets are encased in an ultra-breathable, extra soft Eucalyptus shell so you stay cool and comfy while you’re sound asleep. If your mind races at night, or if your legs feel restless, a weighted blanket could be the answer. It helps to foster a sense of stillness and calm, helping your body and brain to switch off for the night
- Wash at a maximum of 30°C
- Wash on a cold gentle cycle • Do not Iron • Do not tumble dry • Lay flat to dry
- FLAT DRY: To dry your blanket, place it flat on top of a few large towels to soak up any excess water. This will prevent the blanket from losing its shape.
- HANG DRY: You can hang-dry your blanket, but doing so may decrease the lifespan of your blanket. DO NOT TUMBLE DRY. This product is not suitable for dry cleaning or for being used in a clothes dryer as it damages the blanket and reduces its lifespan
Using your Mela Blanket
Using your Mela Blanket is easy. Once you’re in bed or in your chill space, arrange the weighted blanket so that it evenly covers your body. To increase the weight in any area, fold the blanket in half. You can place the weighted blanket on top or beneath your duvet if you like or just use it on its own.
Weighted blankets are designed to be used by individuals for optimal weight distribution. Each member of a couple should use his or her own blanket.
Does a beloved pet share your bed? At Mela, we love a good cuddle too, but please be aware that our fabrics, while high-quality, are not claw or bite-proof.
Protect your blanket
Protect your blanket from direct sources of heat, as heat could damage the glass pellets inside. This product is heavy and for adult use only. Do not leave a child or pet unattended!
Frequently asked questions
What exactly is a weighted blanket anyway?
A weighted blanket is heavier than your typical duvet or quilt. Ours range from 5.5KG - 11KG, and are avaialble for adults in single, double, or king sizes, and 2 - 4kg for kids in single sizes. The right size depends on the size and weight of the person using it. Our blankets are weighed down with tiny quartz glass pellets that moulds to the shape of your body. The pellets are blended with a plush filler and encased in ultra-soft, 100% cotton or Eucalyptus.
What weight should I choose?
Ideally, your weighted blanket should be 8-12% of your body weight. If your weight is suitable for a number of sizes, then really, your ideal weight comes down to preference. Don’t choose a blanket that’s too heavy for your weight range: the last thing you need is to be that person who got stuck underneath a blanket. Or, worse still, that person who couldn’t even get underneath their blanket in the first place.
Tell me more about Deep Touch Pressure.
We’re glad you asked! Deep Touch Pressure (DTP) is the term for when pressure is applied equally across the body, which is known to have a calming and organising effect on the nervous system. This kind of technique, applied through a hug, or say, a heavy blanket, has been shown to increase the release of dopamine and serotonin (the ‘happy hormones’) by around 30%, and decrease the stress hormone cortisol by the same amount. This enables the production of melatonin, the hormone that helps you sleep.
Delivery: We aim to deliver all items between 3-5 working days. Free UK delivery when you spend over £50. Standard UK delivery £4.95. Find out more here.
Free 48 hour delivery* on all Swyft orders. For more information click here.
Click & Collect: Free collection from store, for any order. Find out more here.
Returns: You can return any unwanted items up to 28 days after purchase. Find out more here.
To return a Swyft sofa click here