The Jubilee is almost here! Friday 3rd June to be exact and we thought we'd share this fabulous Union Jack Jubilee Traybake from Le Creuset.
For the recipe Le Creuset have used the 26cm stoneware dish, available here and in our Homeware Department on the 3rd Floor.
Enjoy and happy baking!
For the cake
1 lemon, juice, and zest
60ml Greek natural yogurt
225g soft butter
225g caster sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
250g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the topping
300ml double cream
300g cream cheese
25g caster sugar
1 lemon juice and zest
1 large punnet blueberries
1 large punnet strawberries cut into quarters or eigths if they are very large
1 large punnet raspberries
Pre heat the oven 180°C/ fan 160°C/ Gas 4
- Lightly butter a 26cm stoneware dish
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Gradually add the beaten eggs whisking continuosly
- Fold in the flour and baking powder
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice and zest, folding in carefully
- Place the mixture into the prepared dish and make a hollow in the centre
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool a little and then remove from the dish
- When completely cold whisk together the double cream, cream cheese, caster sugar and the lemon juice and zest until thick
- Spread the mixture over the top of the cake
- Use the fruit to make the pattern of a Union Jack on the cake allowing the cream mixture to be the white stripes
- To serve, cut into squares
Shop our Le Creuset collection here and use our new Local Delivery service to receive your order in time for the Jubilee.